Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Maggie for McCain...



Disclaimer: This is a blog. It is here so I can explain what's going on in my life. This is not a political commercial, or invitation for a debate. Thanks!

I had a great night! My sister Lauren and I decided to volunteer for the upcoming McCain/Palin rally, in Green Bay tomorrow. We were both assigned to the "press committee." We will be in charge of making sure that members of the press have their credentials and identification. From there, we'll be stationed around the Resch Center to make sure everyone "behaves."

We made signs for awhile tonight too. It's been a long time since I've played with paint. We really had a good time, and for such a great cause.

Of course, what's a night of painting political rally signs, without a trip to the bar, on the way home? We stopped at The Bar after, for some yummy grub.

Tomorrow is the big day. We start our day at 3pm, and will be there all night. I can't wait to see them both! I am so excited to experience the rush of being at a rally. I'm sure some of you think I'm a big dork right now.

I have to give credit to my big brother Brady, for introducing me to politics in 1988, when he took me to see George Bush (41) in Appleton. There was something magical about being in a rally/speech environment. That season, we also saw Al Gore in Green Bay. Yeah, he ran for president back then too.

This led to a desire to help out at every election since. In 1992 I went to visit Brady at UW-Stevens Point, and help out with Bush's (41) whistle stop train tour. I was made the head of the sign committee. It was a great opportunity, being that I was only a sophomore in high school. I was able to meet him that time, which was such an honor.

In 1996, I campaigned for Bob Dole at UW-LaCrosse. I was a member of the "Teenage Republicans" group, and was chosen to be part of Dole's motorcade, when he campaigned in Green Bay. I got to go to his fundraising dinner as well. My camera stopped working, as he was getting closer. He realized that I was having issues, and actually helped fix my camera! That was awesome!

2000 came, and I lived in Orlando, with many liberal friends. I campaigned for Bush(43), by volunteering for two stops he made (remember what a close state it was). I was able to be in the state that caused so many problems for America, and their desire to know who the president would be.

Finally, 2004 proved to be another exciting year. I just couldn't stand John Kerry.

Here we are... sorry for boring you with those details. I am so proud to have been able to serve in these campaigns, and hope everyone has the chance to serve their respective candidates sometime as well.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment