Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


Again, I have fallen behind at keeping up my blog. Time flies so fast, and with that, Aristana grows just as fast. By the time I blog, I've missed so many things. I'll try to recap.

As you know from my last couple entries, I was in Florida at the end of November. I returned a few days prior to Thanksgiving, which we hosted at our house. I look back at the memories of spending holidays at my Grandma Threse and Grandpa Greg Omernick's house. It was something I always looked forward to. Now as the years have passed, and they're no longer with us, it's sometimes difficult to keep traditions going. I am so honored to have had my family over, to celebrate. I practiced making a turkey a couple months back, so I had everything ready. Not to toot my own horn, but everything was delicious...TOOT TOOT!

A few days later, Aristana turned two, and I had some jewelry shows, which kept me busy. Aristana is such a motivation in my lia sophia business, and gives me a much needed pep rally before I go out to work. Before every show, we sing and dance to the song "Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield. Then, we both shout, "I am amazing!" She follows up with a "Mama mazin!" It's really powerful, and after doing my presentation once when she wasn't home, I truly missed it.

That next weekend, we celebrated Aristana's 2nd birthday. Can you believe it? I cannot believe she's two already. Yet part of me can't believe she's only two. Weird. We had a party at the Guesthouse Inn, in Bellevue, where everyone could go swimming, in the nice heated pool, while the snow fell outside the large windows. It was such a nice time, and we really enjoyed seeing everyone again. I wish I would have been able to talk with the guests a little more, but pretty much knew going into it, that I'd be the "errand girl." Anyone looking for a great winter birthday idea, this is it. We had a party with about 80 guest, including swimming, and a meal, for about $150. Mama Mazin? I think so ;)

Aristana was able to indulge in her first Green Bay Gamblers hockey game this past week too. She really had a great time, and loved the box seats. I sure hope she doesn't think that box seats are the norm. Unfortunately, just
as we were about to leave, she tripped down the steps, and hit a plastic arm rest on the way. The hockey players may have been fighting, but she looked like she took the hits.

A few more shows, some Christmas shopping, our weekly trip to the Little Gym, and we are now in the present tense.

We are looking forward to spending more time with our families in the next couple weeks. Mike's sister and brother-in-law, Shelly and Rob, will be coming up from the St. Louis area too. We are so excited to see the baby bump, and let Aristana feel it too. I can't wait for our new niece or nephew to arrive! I think holidays will continue to get more exciting, as the years go by.

Whew! I'm finally caught up! Until next time...hopefully sooner than later. Have a very blessed Christmas, and remember to sing Happy Birthday to our savior Jesus Christ!

~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment