Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is it really that time of year already?

Okay, so it just seems that a couple weeks ago, the mild air was still here, and thoughts of holding a new baby were still on the back burner, seeming ages away. I have been attending weekly doctor appointments faithfully, still not feeling under pressure. But, here we are, December 15th already… WOW!

We’ve almost finished Christmas shopping, only having to help out Santa with choosing Aristana’s gifts at this point. The Christmas cookies are made and delivered, and the decorations have been up for awhile. Now that the “hustle-and-bustle” of the holiday season preparations are complete, the inevitable realization has finally set in… WE’RE HAVING A BABY! WE’RE HAVING A BABY VERY SOON! HOLY CR*P! (I censored that last word, just because we’re so against Aristana saying it, that I feel guilty even spelling it out)

For about a month now, I have been told that I am measuring two weeks ahead of schedule. Two ultrasounds ago, we were told that baby is two and a half weeks ahead of the game, in weight. My latest ultrasound, last week, shows she’s three full weeks ahead, and already 5lbs, 9ounces! Do you remember all of the issues I have had trying to gain weight this entire pregnancy? Yeah, apparently she’s not bothered by it, because she’s sucking every ounce of food from me.

With that being said, I am getting weekly Non-Stress Tests for the baby, to make sure Baby Blue Lightning is healthy, and better off being in me, than out.

Yesterday, she passed her test with flying colors, and won the “Best baby of the day” award. Awww… such a proud mom I am! I have not gained any weight in the past week however. Again, I guess I am not so worried about it… I’m convinced she has food reserves, and is just hibernating at this point. She must have one heck of a placenta!

Our next step is another ultrasound on December 28th. If she continues the rapid growth, they will perform an amniocentesis to see how her lungs have developed. If the lungs are good to go, they will induce labor much sooner than my due date. Considering I have anemia, it would be better at that point for her to be in the real world, than inside, dealing with my issues… ha, so many comments
On a side note, Mike just received a summons for jury duty the first week of January. Great timing. I have always held disrespect for those who receive the summons and immediately try to come up with an excuse to get out of their civil obligation. Now I’m sitting here going, um… do we play it by ear? Do we jump on the “get out of it” train?

I have so much more to say, but I think I’ll do some separate entries. I’m too prone to rambling already.

Again, a side note… Best wishes and prayers go out to Andrew and Julie (& Baby Bruiser), and Scott & Wendy (also toting a huge baby girl), for a safe delivery and comfort and joy through the Christmas season! Congratulations also to Sarah and Jim! Even though you are still early on, we are soooooooo excited for you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment