Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 15, 2008
I am sitting at the Austin Straubel Airport, waiting for my flight to board. I realize right now, how much I love my family. I’m not missing them yet, since Mike and I just said goodbye a few minutes ago. However, thinking of going to Florida without them, is kind of sad.

So here I am in the lounge, listening to a couple, probably in their sixties, trying to figure out the vending maching. It’s pretty funny, actually. “Gosh, they give you dollar coins back, but you can’t use dollar coins in the machine…I don’t believe it.” … “Did you use coins or a dollar in this machine?” “Just use the dollar! It should work!” As her husband gets up to help her, like she can’t figure it out by herself. At least they’re sitting down now, him with his cheesey Doritos, and two packs of peanut butter crackers. I can’t see what she finally decided on.

Then the happy business lady, obviously not from here, walks by saying, “I smell coffee. Where do I get the coffee? There’s no coffee shop anywhere.” Finding the coffee vending machine I’m pretty sure, was a truly bitter-sweet event. The machine says “Gourmet,” so maybe there’s someone inside there, perking it fresh. You think?

So this morning I weighed myself again. I’m down another three pounds! Man I sure hope that I’m over my plateau! This makes it 39 pounds. I think I will be so relieved when I hit, and maintain at least 40 pounds. Today will be my first “airline lap belt extender” test. Will I need it? We’ll see.

What do I hope to get from this trip? First of all, some recruits. That’s my main goal. Of course, I’d like some bookings too. On the flip side… I will have a chance to catch up with Nate, and meet his girlfriend, of whom I am already a huge fan. I am looking forward to spending quality time with Brady. I really hope it works out, getting together. I know he’s busy, having just arrived to Tampa, but it would be great to see him. I am also looking forward to hanging out with Jonathan, if only for a short while.

I guess that’s all the excitement I have for now. I’ll write later. I probably won’t have time in Cincinnate…so it’ll probably be Jacksonville. Wish me luck!

It’s about 10:10 Cincinatti time (Eastern). We’ll be boarding in a minute, but I wanted to give a quick update. I sat in a veeeeery small plane on the way here, but guess what! I didn’t need a belt extender!!! Okay, it definitely was really tight, but a victory nonetheless.

My tailbone hurt lots on the flight. I’m glad I got flights with layovers now, knowing that my pain would’ve been horrendous if I didn’t get a break from sitting. Yeah, that plane was so small. Did I mention that?

Cincinnati is a dirty, boring airport. I’m looking forward to landing in Jacksonville. Maybe I should take my fleece off before I board…hmmm.

I believe our flight has just been delayed “momentarily” so they could spray the plane. Whatever that means. Anyway, I’m going to get going. I’ll see you in Jacksonville.

Oh, by the way…I just passed a store with Elmo in the window, and I do already miss my family. With all of the Disney merchandise available, this may become a very expensive trip!
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment