Thursday, June 12, 2008

Conference Day 2

2008-06-12

It’s 6:30am, and I’m hanging out here, in the Hyatt lobby area, informing you, the imaginary person who reads my blog, of my whereabouts.

Okay, lia Sophia really knows how to put on a show! The events officially started last night, at the US Cellular Arena, in downtown Milwaukee. I thought we were going there to spend three hours clapping for all the advisors and managers who made something of this past year. I didn’t know that I’d leave, feeling that I was at some sort of concert.

First, we got to meet the Kiam family, and the lia Sophia “big guys.” I love Tory! He’s adorable… He refers to himself as the C.H.O. of lia Sophia (Chief Hugging Officer). Everyone who got an award got a b

ig hug from Tory. Jen W and I decided that we too, will hug Tory next year.

Next, music started, and a lady with a beautiful voice (but in a very interesting and elaborate costume) began to sing. All of a sudden, we realized that it was a Circue Du Soleil act. It was spectacular. I don’t ever get too dramatic about entertainment, but this was on a whole other level. The strength and abilities of these people are truly amazing.

Next, they had a surprise entertainer for us. Anita Renfroe, a comedienne, and absolutely hilarious. I actually pulled a tiny muscle in my chest, from laughing so hard. She sang a song about moms, that was to die for. Click here to see it on Youtube. Her act revolved around motherhood…so in an arena consisting of about 98% women, it was a riot.

Our featured speaker today, was Stacy London, from TLC's "What Not To Wear." She is just as AWESOME as she seems on the show. She is also a fantastic speaker!

Okay, today we had some breakout sessions, some raffles, a tornado warning, torrential downpour, a close call with a lightening bolt, and a bus driver who took us 45 minutes out of the way... we ended our evening with dinner (again, we were one out of three buses, and ended up going all the way to the airport, instead of dinner), then Comedy Sportz. Good times... I was able to get on a different bus, on the way back.

Comedy Sportz was a blast, being with our team. It's always so fun going with a group. Also, they had a bunch of those mirrors that make your body look different. In the bathroom, they had one that made you look reeeeally skinny. It was awesome! You can see, that we were having fun with it. I know, I didn't want to leave the bathroom. Jen W would've taken the mirror, but couldn't fit it under her shirt. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment