Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Commercial

So apparently my commercial is now on the air. I have honestly gotten about 25 phone calls, the same amount of emails, a bunch of texts, and Facebook wall postings, saying the people have seen it. That’s right, I’m a superstar…a media sensation, if you will… (please know I am TOTALLY kidding about that)

You know, it was weird. I didn’t take long to make up my mind that I would do the commercial. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people hide who they really are. I had no qualms with people knowing how big I used to be, or that I had surgery. I feel nothing but blessed that I had the opportunity to have the surgery. I have gotten my life back. The day of filming, I was nervous. Would my hair conform to my ideas? Did I have the right outfit? I had my makeup done at the Lancome counter at Younkers, knowing that I was no pro with that stuff. Oh, but I had no issues with my jewelry…I knew that part was great! The actual shoot was so much fun. The two guys I worked with were hilarious, and very good at making me feel comfortable, and not pressured. So that was a great experience.

However, my very first acknowledgment of the commercial was a text, on 8/31 at 7am, from my good friend Sarah. The instant I read that she saw it, my stomach and my heart switched places, and I seriously was seconds away from an anxiety attack. It was really happening now. All day I was contacted by friends, family, acquaintances, etc…and it hasn’t really subsided yet. It’s on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, and even airs during the Doctors and Oprah… It took a while on the 31st to realize that I couldn’t let it overwhelm me.

With all that being said, I thought I'd throw in a before and after pic. I don't have a ton of pics, so I'm sure there are better ones out there.

AUGUST 2005





JUNE 2009






So, that’s that…

No comments:

Post a Comment