Monday, September 28, 2009

This N That


I am so extremely exhausted right now, but am having the urge to write again.
So I just returned yesterday from a Lia Sophia business rally / leadership event. As always, I am pumped, excited, and feeling like I can accomplish anything. Fantastic. I’ll get back to that later.

Anyway, baby is kicking like crazy, and letting us know that she’s doing well. What a blessing! We have decided on a name, but according to Mike, are keeping it a secret. At least that part is done.

Next, we have officially transformed our office into Aristana’s new “big girl” room, with the “big – big girl” bed (we moved her to a twin bed). She has been so excited ever since we told her that she’d be getting a new room. She got to pick out her paint color at Home Depot. After learning that Home Depot was “all out of” bright red paint, she chose a bright pool blue color. It took some getting used to, since the room used to be a forest green color. However, I think the color really does fit with her personality.

I just left her room, to let her fall asleep on the first official night in her room. We still have to do a few more things…but it’s livable at this point. Now, to bring the crib back up to the nursery, and get that all set up.

After these adjustments, the house is feeling like it is three times smaller now. The office was our catalyst. Need a pen? Office. Need a folder, envelope, piece of scrap paper? Office. Need to use the computer? Office. Mike’s closet? Office. Now, it’s our room, Aristana’s room, and the nursery. The house is closing in! Andrew & Julie…you feeling this way yet?

Okay, now back to some Lia Sophia thoughts. One of the many reasons I love what I do, is knowing that I am setting a good example for Aristana, through confidence, independence, and happiness in what I’m doing. Last week, I could hear her talking in the bathroom to someone (she has a ton of imaginary friends). I peeked in, and saw her holding up one of my necklaces and nodding. She said, “Yes, this is a very pretty necklace. It is long and blue. Do you want to try it on? I’ll show you,” and she put it on. Next she held up some bracelets and said, “This is Mimic. This one is Wild Side. You can wear them too.” My little girl went from having tea parties, to having Lia Sophia parties! She opens her kids laptop, and says she’s looking at her Lia Sophia online. She told me last week that she has five shows this month.


Today, she sat in her new bed, with her laptop, and two order forms, and worked on her Lia Sophia orders for 45 minutes. Hello? Her attention span is no longer than 45 seconds. She is so fun to watch! I am so proud of her. As amusing as it is to see her in action, I thank God that I am able to provide a positive example to her. This business, as I have said many times before, has changed my life so much! I hope to share this with friends, and others who might need a change. More money, a night out, networking, self confidence, a fantastic group of friends, and the knowledge that unemployment is not around the corner. You control your own future (with God’s help, of course)!

Thanks for listening. Now for my goals. I like to post these…more accountability...

*Bookings: 20 Shows between September and November. I have four submitted and nine more on the schedule. Only seven to go, and I can get there. I agreed to this goal, based on an incentive from my friend in the business. When we started, I had two on the books, so this is awesome! I am sharing this goal with Erin and Tammy on my team, since we all needed to kick it up a notch. They are doing a great job as well! (Note: now is the time to book, since I am offering a ton of free stuff for hosting, so I can meet my goal. If you’re interested, contact me…you’ll be surprised at what you’ll get! …even out-of-towners or out-of-staters)

*Sales: September - $2500 in sales / October - $4000 in sales / November - $7000 in sales

*Team Building: 16 team members by the end of the year. I have nine now, and really feel like I can accomplish this one, with a lot of stepping out of my comfort zone. Again, I can speak from my heart on this one. People are many times not wanting to leap into something like this, since it is unknown territory. However, all I ask for is five weeks, five shows, and then take it or leave it. However, in those five weeks, you will have: $1000 of jewelry for $150 (Starter kit cost). All the hostess benefits from your starter show. A chance to earn $600 more in free jewelry. $300 in free jewelry for anyone who wants to start with you. Based on average sales per show, you will have earned $1000 in commission. Best of all, you own your own business. You are your own boss. You decide when you want to work, and how often. What a fantastic deal! Yet, you have every right to walk away if you don’t want to continue…oh, and keep it all.

*Company Trip: Earn the trip to Cancun by the end of November. ($25000 in personal sales, and $25000 in team sales. I’m almost there!)

*Management:
Promote to Unit Manager by January 2010! I am confident in this one!

Okay, enough of that. Have a good one!

1 comment: