Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally on our way!

We’re on the road! Weather is pretty bad here, so traffic was extremely slow moving. We’re 1 ½ hours behind schedule so far. Everyone is safe though, so that’s all that matters.

I’m in the back row of the van, by myself, crammed in with all the unnecessary stuff that I just HAD to pack. At least it fits. Jen W is driving. I’m so thankful that I was able to hitch a ride, instead of having to drive myself.

Now that we’re on the road, we can begin to focus on the upcoming weekend. Our keynote speaker this conference, is Jack Canfield, author of Chicken Soup for the Soul. I’m looking forward to that one. It looks like the actual conference goes to 9:30 each night. After that, there is dancing. Crazy…we’re all crazy.
I have to say though, that I crave the energy that surrounds everyone at these conferences. It reminds me of high school pep rallies. There is something about being in a place with thousands of others, excited to be there. Everyone is supportive of each other, which is amazing, considering you have a bunch of women, who work together, being stuck together for a weekend . I sit here, and think of my teammates, and realize how blessed I am to be with such wonderful ladies. All ages, all different backgrounds, and different reasons for selling lia sophia. We have a great team!

Well, that’s it for now. I will write later, after we get to Chicago safely (as Jen just slammed on the brakes), and jump into our conference schedule…a bit behind schedule, but not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment